“We are silly aren’t we? The silences we fall into. Like giant holes in the snow. It must get harder when you’re older. When you’re an adult. The responsibility to keep the silences away must be deafening. I decide on my quietness. When to use it. When it will achieve the loudest bang. The biggest explosion. Like now.”
1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life. Five things I am trying very hard to accept (via groudon)
i hit my coworkers shoulder lightly and he was like “you’re going to make me cry like a girl” and i was like “what’s wrong with being a girl?” and he was quiet for a moment then he looked into the distance and whispered “the social standards they’re forced to live by”
*sees dog* that is the most beautiful dog i’ve ever seen
*sees another dog* that is the most beautiful dog i’ve ever seen
*sees third dog* that is the most beautiful dog i’ve ever s
little things that actually make a difference to general life happiness:
•drinking lots of water
•eating fresh fruit
•thinking positively about yourself and others
•washing your face twice a day
•changing your sheets once a week
•hot baths with Epsom salts
•face masks using from things in your house
•sleeping more than 7 hours per night
•reorganizing your clothes, makeup, possessions etc
•keeping your living space clean
"what are you going to do with a degree in english?" [begins to scream and die a bit inside] [pauses to appreciate that iambic pentameter]